The main square of Frascati
While strolling through Frascati, the small town in Latio, central Italy, on the Alban Hills about 20 km southeast of Rome, we found the a “enoteca”, a wine shop in the historical center. Like a magnet it drew us in.
Il Grappolo Divino wine selection
Inside a friendly young man helped us with the wine selection. His name was Alessandro Mauceri and it turned out that this was the very first day of the opening of his shop, and we were his very first customers. How auspicious can it get?
Margit with Alessandro Mauceri
We selected a couple of bottles, as many as we could carry in about 35 degree heat to the car which was parked at the other end of town. Alessandro carries a wonderful selections of wines from the main Italian wine regions. He expected a major delivery from Frascati itself that;s why his selection of local wines was still small. Alessandro advised us on the following selection (all wines between 7 and 16 EURO):
– ‘2009 People Frascati Superiore’ from Poggio le Volpi, Frascati
– ‘2008 Epos Frascati Superiore’ from Poggio le Volpi, Frascati
– ‘2008 Bucci Classico Superiore’ from Azienda Agricolo Bucci in Ostra Vetere
– ‘2007 Poliziano Rosso di Montepulciano’ from Azienda Agricola Poliziano
– ‘2007 Bucci Pongelli Rosso Piceno’ from Azienda Agricolo Bucci in Ostra Vetere
– ‘2007 Vietti Nebbiolo Perbacco’ from Langhe in Piemont
The treasure I carried home
More on the wines in my next blog entry.
Il Grappolo Divino
Via dell’Olmo, 37